The York Police Department is dedicated in serving our community with any complaints you may have.  We strive do our best to resolve any complaints that is brought to our attention.  It is our goal to keep the citizens of York safe through traffic enforcement and patrols.  If you see any suspicious activity and wish to report it, please contact the York Police Department at (803) 684-4141. 

If you have a traffic problem in your neighborhood, such as speeding, you can contact the police department or you may email the police department by clicking here.  Please include the type of problem that is occurring and the time that the problems occur.  All information left will be treated as confidential and we will do what we can to solve the problem.

If you are having a problem with drug activity occurring in your neighborhood, there are several options for you.  You can contact the York County Drug Enforcement at (803) 684-3059.  You can also contact the York Police Department at (803) 684-4141. 



Officer Complaints


The public has the right to expect efficient, fair and impartial law enforcement.  Therefore, any misconduct by York Police Employees will be detected, thoroughly investigated, and properly adjudicated to assure the maintenance of these qualities.

If you wish to file a complaint against any officer of this departement, you need to come to the police department, located at 12 N. Roosevelt St.

A Citizen Complaint Form needs to be filled out.  Any assistance will be given in completing the form.

You will be given a copy of this form.  The form will then be forwarded to the Professional Standards Officers.  The Professional Standards Officers will investigate any complaint and will notify you of their findings.

Any Questions please contact the police department at (803) 684-4141