Outdoor Burning in the City Limits

If you wish to burn approved items within the City of York, please call us at (803)684-1700 for a Burn Permit.  You must get a Burn Permit before you start burning. Once you call us to obtain a Burn Permit we will come and inspect your burn site and the materials to be burned.

To view the Burn Permit Ordinances click here.


Outdoor Burning in York County

If you wish to burn items in the unincorporated areas of York County, please contact the Forestry Commission at  1-800-517-9644 to obtain a Burn Permit .

To check weather conditions for burning in York County click here and then scroll to York County's section of this page.


We urge you to follow the above guidelines for burning, so that you don't have this happen to you.


                                                                   Click  above for Home Page